Friendly reminder…. October 20th, 2014 -7pm – Annual auction at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens.
Yard MD blog: Orchid Oasis is coming
The annual Northeastern Wisconsin Orchid Society Show is coming March 1-2 to the Holiday Inn Riverwalk, Neenah. The two-day event, featuring an American Orchid Society judged show, numerous speakers, vendors and presentations is open to the public. General admission is $5, and free for children under age 12.
The annual orchid show features a number of different topics and presentations that help you to select and grow the best orchids for your light and moisture conditions inside the home.
Expert speakers and growers will present workshops and talks on a variety of important topics to consider if you are interested in growing orchids, or already have them and are interested in learning more.
Read the rest of the article here:
2014 Northeastern Wisconsin Orchid Society Spring Show
Sunday, March 2, 2014, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Come attend this annual event for orchid lovers. Orchid vendors will be on hand with a tremendous variety of plants for growers of all skill levels. Speakers will be giving talks throughout the show on a variety of topics, and society members will be on hand for questions and growing tips.
Check back on this page for more info and updates on speakers and vendors.
Friends of NEWOS are invited to attend our annual Orchid auction. This is a wonderful opportunity to add to your orchid collection (or start one) for a very reasonable cost. Come join the fun! Refreshments will be served.
October 21st, 2013 – Monthly Meeting and Annual Plant Auction/Sale.
7pm at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens.
2600 Larsen rd, Green Bay, WI.
Calendar of Events
- September 14 – 15, 2013 – Wisconsin Orchid Society Fall Show
- October 12 – 13, 2013 – Illinois Orchid Society Fall Orchid Odyssey. Chicago Botanic Gardens, Lake Cook Rd, Glencoe, IL
- October 19-20, 2013 – at the Dayton Art Institute, Dayton, Ohio. More Info: www.orchidsandart.com
- January 25 – 26, 2014 —Orchid Society of Minnesota 40th Anniversary Winter Carnival Orchid Show Marjorie McNeely Conservatory, St. Paul, MN
- February 1 – 2, 2014 – Orchid Growers’ Guild., Inc. of Madison is having our 27th Orchid Show at the Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Way, Madison, WI. Questions: Contact Judy Stevenson, 608-231-3163. e-mail is email@example.com
- March 1-2, 2014 – NEWOS Orchid Show: http://newisos.org/orchid-show/“Orchid Oasis” at the Holiday Inn Neenah Riverwalk.
- Apr 29 – May 4, 2014 —Spring AOS Members Meeting and Show, Doubletree by Hilton, Minneapolis MN
The Outagamie County Master Gardeners Association will be hosting their 6th Annual “Garden Discoveries: an Educational Garden Tour” on Saturday, June 15. The public is invited to tour seven select gardens in the Fox Cities. Each garden offers a unique horticultural lesson and all are truly great examples of sound gardening principals and beauty.
For a $7 entry fee (to further develop the Community Garden Partnership) and two items of non-perishable food (to be donated to local food pantries), guests will experience beautiful area gardens with an opportunity to learn horticultural lessons during each visit.
Garden locations and descriptions can be found at www.ocmga.net.
Or please contact:
Tom Brinkman Kathy Baum
NEWOS Monthly Meeting
Held at Lorraine Heyden’s Home
N5978 Lambie Road, DePere, WI, 54115
May 19th at 1pm
Directions to Lorraine’s for May Meeting:
From Green Bay Take 172 West to County U and turn left (U turns into E.) Go to Fish Creek Rd and Turn Right. Go to Lambie Rd and turn left.
From Appleton Area: Take 41N to Kaukauna Exit County J and turn left. Go to County E and Turn Right. Go to EE and turn left. Go to Lambie Rd and Turn Right.
If you have never attended a meeting, these summer meetings at members homes are the best.