Friendly reminder…. October 20th, 2014 -7pm – Annual auction at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens.
2014 Northeastern Wisconsin Orchid Society Spring Show
Sunday, March 2, 2014, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Come attend this annual event for orchid lovers. Orchid vendors will be on hand with a tremendous variety of plants for growers of all skill levels. Speakers will be giving talks throughout the show on a variety of topics, and society members will be on hand for questions and growing tips.
Check back on this page for more info and updates on speakers and vendors.
Friends of NEWOS are invited to attend our annual Orchid auction. This is a wonderful opportunity to add to your orchid collection (or start one) for a very reasonable cost. Come join the fun! Refreshments will be served.
October 21st, 2013 – Monthly Meeting and Annual Plant Auction/Sale.
7pm at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens.
2600 Larsen rd, Green Bay, WI.
Calendar of Events
- September 14 – 15, 2013 – Wisconsin Orchid Society Fall Show
- October 12 – 13, 2013 – Illinois Orchid Society Fall Orchid Odyssey. Chicago Botanic Gardens, Lake Cook Rd, Glencoe, IL
- October 19-20, 2013 – at the Dayton Art Institute, Dayton, Ohio. More Info: www.orchidsandart.com
- January 25 – 26, 2014 —Orchid Society of Minnesota 40th Anniversary Winter Carnival Orchid Show Marjorie McNeely Conservatory, St. Paul, MN
- February 1 – 2, 2014 – Orchid Growers’ Guild., Inc. of Madison is having our 27th Orchid Show at the Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Way, Madison, WI. Questions: Contact Judy Stevenson, 608-231-3163. e-mail is email@example.com
- March 1-2, 2014 – NEWOS Orchid Show: https://newisos.org/orchid-show/“Orchid Oasis” at the Holiday Inn Neenah Riverwalk.
- Apr 29 – May 4, 2014 —Spring AOS Members Meeting and Show, Doubletree by Hilton, Minneapolis MN
Saturday, March 2, 2013, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday, March 3, 2013, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday 12.30 PM “How to Grow Orchids The Right Way” by Mary Stewart
- Saturday 2:30 PM “Phalaenopsis Species and Hybrids” by Nile Dusdieker
- Saturday 4:00 PM “Orchid re-potting demo”, by Lorraine Heyden
- Sunday 11:00 AM “How To Repot Properly”, by Mary Stewart
- Sunday 12:30 PM “Singapore World Orchid Congress high lights, by Richard Baehnman
- Sunday 2:00 PM “demo”, by Lorraine Heyden
Garden Talk with Rob Zimmer: Spring orchid show in Neenah puts Wisconsin’s native flowers in spotlightOrchids in the Treetops is the theme of the Northeast Wisconsin Orchid Society’s spring orchid show March 3-4 at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk in downtown Neenah. Learn all about orchids, from spectacular tropicals to hardy species found right here in Wisconsin.Did you know that Wisconsin has more native orchid species than Hawaii? That’s right. While Hawaii may boast the title of Orchid Capital of the World, only three species are actually native to the Hawaiian islands. By comparison, Wisconsin boasts nearly four dozen native orchids. Known for their often intricately detailed flowers that take on almost alien forms, orchids captivate those who collect them, both for their mysterious beauty and their delicate, fragile nature.
Growing orchids is not as difficult as many gardeners initially fear.
More orchid varieties are available now than ever before for indoor and outdoor gardeners. Learn all of the details at this year’s spring show.
A number of speakers and orchid growers will offer a series of informational and hands-on demonstrations throughout the two-day conference. On March 3, Mary Stewart will speak on how to grow orchids the right way at 12:30 p.m. Nile Dusdieker will present a program on one specific group of orchids in his presentation, Phalaenopsis species and hybrids at 2:30 p.m. The closing demo will be orchid repotting from Lorraine Heyden at 4 p.m….
Orchid Society Spring Show was featured on the Post Crescent website. To read the whole article, follow the links above.
REblogged by Lee Speakin